Compliance & Quality Assurance Manager
We are looking for a Compliance & Quality Assurance Manager to manage the regulatory processes for products produced and distributed by BVS and enhance, manage, and administer the Safe Feed/Safe Food, GMP and HACCP programs for our facilities.
BVS offers competitive pay with a benefit package that includes competitive pay, health and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, life insurance, 401(k) with company match and more. **Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates**
- Oversee licensing and registration processes to conduct business and deliver products throughout the United States and parts of Canada
- Ensure compliance with applicable government laws and regulations for feed and feed additives
- Lead the preparation and submission of US and international regulatory filings and applications
- Submit tonnage reports for states where commercial feed or feed ingredients are distributed
- Manage daily regulatory affairs to ensure success in operational compliance
- Maintain and provide label & ingredient information to organic certifiers
- Identify regulatory compliance gaps and create scalable compliance solutions and processes for the business
- Remain abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving industry best practices
- Develop, administer and maintain applicable Feed Safety Policies and related Standard Operating Procedures for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Safe Feed/Safe Food (SFSF) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Use decision-making authority regarding exceptional products and feed safety
- Lead and manage the development of feed safety programs; track the effectiveness of these programs including standards, training and quality documentation and strive for continuous improvements
- Monitor and update of quality documents, procedures, work instructions, forms, raw material specifications, packaging, in-process products and finished products
- Keep current on knowledge of all food and feed safety regulations and laws
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Animal Health or related field (relevant work experience may offset degree requirement)
5 plus years of experience to include:
Knowledge of state and federal regulations: OSHA, FDA/FSMA, USDA
Experience with food, food ingredient or feed production
External food safety audits such as (HACCP, SFSF, GMP)
2 plus years of management or supervisory experience
PCQI Certification – must be able to obtain upon hire
Complete our online application or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BVS - Ellsworth is just a short drive from Ames and Des Moines, Iowa.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.