Quality Assurance/Quality Control/Compliance Manager
Berry People is a year-round, full-line shipper of organic and conventional berries and avocados, and owner of the Berry People® and Avo People® brands. Headquartered in Hollister, California, the company’s ownership and key alliance partners hold important production assets in California, Mexico, Canada, Chile, and Peru. All product is graded and allocated by pallet, and all growers are fully compliant with USDA, FDA, CFIA regulations on Food Safety and NOP/COR Organic certification. Berry People operates with a strong company ethos along its entire supply chain that emphasizes complementarity, stewardship, and empathy.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and Compliance Manager to join our team in Hollister, CA.
The QA/QC and Compliance Manager will ensure consumer food safety and product satisfaction, as well as provide assurance to our customers, by self-management with all grower, suppliers, vendors and customers on behalf of Company management. Maintain complete, accurate, current compliance documentation, lot quality information on hand and maintained in company database, using this information to manage the status of any given grower or lot of product as compliant or non-compliant, and ensuring a pallet-level match of quality defects to individual customer tolerance every time, thus minimizing our rejection rates and increasing customer confidence in the Company’s ability to supply the finest products.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Food Science, Microbiology, or related discipline
- Spanish/English biliteracy required
- FDA FSVP Qualified Individual (preferred)
- International & domestic grower/supplier experience preferred
- Proficient in USDA, FDA, CBP, & Canadian Regime requirements, Import, Domestic and Export
- Proficient in International and Domestic importation and exportation of Berry and/or avocado
- Berry and/or Avocado industry experience 2+ years (preferred)
- Proficient in various compliance platforms such as Azzule, Repositrak, Safefood 360, Supplier HUB, etc.
- Working detailed knowledge of USDA product guidelines for fresh produce
- Knowledge of proper use of produce inspection, handling, and monitoring equipment
We offer a competitive wage as well as premium health, dental, & vision package.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.