Quality Assurance Technician
- Partner with plant operations staff
- Collaborate with QA Manager to develop and implement Food Safety, SQF fundamentals, and the Food Quality Plan across the facility
- Maintain SQF system
- Review HACCP and GMP principles with new and existing employees
- Participate in SOP/SSOP development and maintenance
- Coordinate Product Quality Evaluations
- Assist in the coordination of a comprehensive plant audit program
- Maintain and audit glass and glass-like material monitoring program
- Participate in and support QA Manager in regulatory inspections and/or customer audits, including routine regulatory sampling of products and water supplies
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of product contamination events
- Assist with the investigation and resolution of customer complaints
- Train and review the following topics with new and existing employees:
- HACCP principles
- GMP principles
- Food Safety and Quality SOPs
4.All other duties as assigned.
- Training or degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or related technical field, or combination of equivalent work experience required. Bachelor's degree desired, but not required.
- Minimum one year QA/QC experience in a manufacturing environment under HACCP, USDA, and/or FDA preferred
- Quality Auditor Certification preferred
- Experience in HACCP and GFSI (SQF, BRC, FSSC) or ISO-certified or specific training a plus
- Organization and detail orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, basic experience with laboratory software and manufacturing data
- Intermediate training and communication skills at various levels of the organization
- Ability to speak and write in English, and read and understand written and spoken English communications
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.