Food Production Team Leader - Quality Assurance (Contract)
Food Production Team Leader (Contract - September 2018 - January 2019)
The Quality Assurance Team Leader is responsible for ensuring food safety policies are being adhered to and product quality standards are being met in our Food Manufacturing Plant. This person acts as the main contact between regional management and Head Office QA Department, liaise with health auditors from customer, third party and government.
- Assist the front-line supervisory staff in ensuring adherence to GMP and HACCP program compliance.
- Ensure the manufacturing processes and facilities of the company meet quality standards with emphasis on product safety, sanitation, environmental awareness and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures product quality through random on-floor quality checks; ensure the facility meet CFIA standard by regular internal audit.
- Perform routine audits in the plant & warehouse to ensure that company standards are met.
- Responsible for Food safety and quality control training class and schedule.
- Responsible for HACCP records keeping, review, verification and corrective actions. Compile statistical data and trend non-compliance information. Updates or assists in the revisions of SOPs and specifications as required.
- Responsible for collecting and sending microbiological and chemical samples for lab test and verify that the results are comply with the standards.
- Supervising the Sanitation team’s operations & schedule
- Ensure supplier information updated and the material received follow company's QA standards. Ensure finished product specification, microbiological and chemical integrity.
- Assist monthly internal audit in factory.
- Conducts in-depth investigations to assist in resolving non-compliant product or practice, in a timely fashion and applies findings to improve the process.
- Assist in trouble-shooting / maintenance of in-house printed labels.
- Assist in the creation of our ingredient deck for new product developments.
- Post secondary education in Food Science, Chemistry, Public Health or Biological Science is considered an asset
- Knowledge of food safety standards
- HACCP plant experience is an asset
- Previous leadership experience preferably in a Food Processing facility
- Effective communication skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines & pressure
- Must be computer literate
Established in 1996, Bento Sushi is North America’s fastest growing sushi company with operations across United States and Canada. Today, Bento runs over 550 sushi bars, and delivers sushi from our six factories to over 1,300 locations. Bento Sushi can be found in leading grocery chains, street-front locations, office towers, shopping malls, airports, colleges, universities and hospitals, where we serve handcrafted sushi each and every day. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent, to create an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking to join a fun, friendly and exciting workplace environment where you can truly take pride in your work, the opportunities are endless. For more information, please visit our website at www.bentosushi.com.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.