Quality Control Lead
- Ensure finished goods meet specifications thru review of quality and food safety checks, first piece inspection, layer inspection, fill weight verification, and other activities as necessary to meet requirements.
- Complete all necessary documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Conduct monthly audits as necessary, including glass and brittle plastics, pest inspections, monthly audits, sanitation audits, etc.
- Support the Quality Assurance manager when new items are introduced to production.
- Oversee corrections during work in progress and/or reclaim activities.
- Oversee startup and closing activities.
- Accountability- proactively handle assigned tasks, taking ownership for outcomes and needed follow up.
- Operate with sense of urgency, completing tasks and making decisions efficiently and effectively.
- Proactive- look for areas where contributions may be needed, anticipate need outside of assigned tasks.
- Excellent analytical skills, understanding importance of test/audit parameters and accuracy in reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to aid in team building and cooperative outcomes.
- Team oriented and ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
- Operate with integrity in all situations. Values open communication.
- Open minded, willing to consider other perspectives that may be different.
- Excellent communication skills, written & oral
- Basic computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years in a Quality Control position, preferably for a food manufacturing company.
- Certifications/Licenses: N/A
- Other Required knowledge, skills & abilities: Prefer knowledge of food safety regulations.
- Working environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will generally work in a manufacturing environment where appropriate attire and safety equipment are required. Some tasks may require working in an office environment.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard instruments and equipment; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.