Food Safety Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and maintain the plant’s HACCP plan, Preventive Controls plan, GMP, Gluten Free program, Food Safety and Food Defense Operating Procedures, Master Sanitation, pest control, microbiological & environmental testing programs.
- Manage and hold accountable a team of employees engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous food safety measurements over materials, facilities, and products (SQF, Customer, FDA, and USDA).
- Investigate quality and product safety related issues throughout the life cycle of the product (raw materials, manufacturing process, finished goods, packaging and customer delivery) to identify, resolve and prevent non-compliances through corrective actions, procedure development and regulatory compliance.
- Manage laboratory activities for the testing & evaluation of raw ingredients, processed batches and finished products to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
- Acts as liaison for technical and food safety issues for operations, Sales, R&D, USDA and external customers.
- Conduct GMP and sanitation audits of entire facility.
- Lead all major audits to include but not limited to SQF, USDA, FDA, Gluten Free and Customers.
- Coach, train, teach, and mentor plant personnel to ensure overall understanding and compliance of Food Safety and Food Defense programs and to assist others to actively engage in managing for results.
- Provides appropriate support, leadership and feedback to meet company objectives and to grow skill sets of those in the organization.
- Foster and maintain strong collaborative working alliances with all departments.
- Leads Performance Management for the Food Safety Department.
- Participates in management meetings with department heads to communicate, refine and review food safety program results and issues recommending and implementing changes as appropriate.
- Has in depth knowledge of food and personal safety regulations, company policies and procedures. Works with all employees to create world class safety results. This position plays in integral role in driving that desired behavior.
- Follow all safety and OSHA regulations at all times. Report any safety hazards to Supervisor or member of management immediately. Attend all required safety meetings.
- Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for the position at all times.
- Ensures safe work environment and safe behaviors for self and coworkers.
- Understands and complies with all FDA, USDA regulations, HACCP, GMP, SSOP, Allergen Control programs and assures strict adherence to regulations and industry food safety standards.
- BS Degree in Food Science related field
- Experience in Food Safety and/or Quality Management in a food manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience in lean manufacturing operations and continuous improvement programs preferred
- Demonstration of solid decision making track record
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Must be able to listen and develop rapport with employees at all levels of the organization
- Confident, assertive leadership style with the highest degree of integrity
*The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.*
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to go up and down stairs frequently.
- Occasionally exposed to chemicals and fumes.
- Specific vision abilities such as close vision, color vision and specification, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus are required to perform this position.
- The employee frequently is required to use a computer and look at a computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to regularly use a telephone, fax machine, printer and business calculator.
- Occasionally required to stoop or kneel to file paperwork.
- Repeated wrist and hand movements are necessary while working on a computer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a general manufacturing environment and on-going noise exposure.
Bellisio Foods provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other class protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.