Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager
Key goals for this position are preventing/eliminating/maintaining product quality & specification requirements including meeting/exceeding overall expectations of customer and regulations.
- Monitors/oversees plant personnel (including QA technicians & Sanitation Staff) in compliance with applicable governmental laws, regulations, guidelines and standards, including HACCP regulations & FDA Preventive Controls Rule. Performs related records and implements procedures/revisions as required.
- Monitors quality of incoming product to ensure product quality meets or exceeds specifications.
- Coordinates processing/finished product inspections with production manager/supervisors/leads to ensure high quality is maintained on a regular basis, and reports to Operations & Management staff.
- Proper communication with all departments in all related issues.
- Researches quality-related consumer complaints and determines corrective action & prevent action from occurring again. Maintains year to date complaints, and correlates data to a reporting structure for Management oversight.
- Ability to perform microbiological testing in the processing facility and products and maintaining data records. Including working with 3rd party requirements for outside testing.
- Knowledge of Environmental Monitoring Programs- Implementation/Validation.
- Oversee, develop, write, and implement all aspects of sanitation (SSOP’s) procedures, practices, and monitors pest control programs.
- Responsible for code dating & labeling requirements.
- Ability to work with other departments and develop each staff member to ensure he/she follows proper GMP’s.
- Follow all company safety policies, procedures and ability to implement.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems associated with incoming/processed/finished products.
- Responds to change productively and handles other duties as required.
B.S. Degree (emphasis on Food Science, or related agricultural/science education) and/or 5 years (or more) equivalent experienced preferred.
SQF Certification Preferred or willing to get certified.
Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) Preferred or willing to get certified.
Previous produce experience preferred.
Ability to work independently and with a Team.
Must be able to be adaptable and flexible.
Must be able to work in a refrigerated (34-50 F) environment.
Excellent Communication/Presentational Skills.
Excellent documentation and record keeping skills.
Computer Skills (Microsoft Office, and email).
Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.