Oversees all laboratory sample preparation and testing; equipment selection, use and maintenance; selection and proper inventory of supplies; and scheduling and performance of Laboratory Technicians.
- You develop annual goals and objectives for Laboratory Services and oversee general laboratory activity.
- You understand the honey industry and keep current with changes and/or requirements related to beekeeping, food safety, quality and regulatory standards.
- You develop and supervise Laboratory Technicians and provide clear and concise direction, promote teamwork and solve problems.
- You manage and perform testing in the laboratory; oversee equipment, testing methodology and validity; establish a preventative maintenance and service program; and coordinate and lead the sensory panel and quarterly product sampling and testing processes.
- You select and maintain relationships with external laboratories, including researching and understanding tests that are offered, troubleshooting issues, maintaining vendor documentation and obtaining information on latest findings in honey.
- You collaborate with your team and internal/external customers to solve problems, answer questions and provide great customer service.
- You preferably have 3+ years laboratory experience, 2+ years leadership experience and Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemistry, Biology or Food Science.
- You have experience with mass spectroscopy and are comfortable performing testing with and developing methodologies for testing honey using our LCMS machinery.
- You are an excellent listener, collaborator, written and verbal communicator and have a high emotional IQ.
- You are comfortable with computers and consistently perform detailed and accurate data entry.
- You are very meticulous about details — the lab has many customers that need accurate, timely results. It is imperative to work quickly and minimize mistakes by learning the tasks well and asking for help when needed.
- You are very organized and able to multi-task, work quickly and efficiently, are self-motivated and look for ways to help those around you.
- You are a nonsmoker to enhance ability to detect off flavors and aromas for sensory testing.
This full-time position has great benefits including health insurance, 401K, PTO and a relaxed but challenging, team oriented work environment where we have fun and do business together. And of course, we’re a welcoming equal opportunity employer!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.