Quality Assurance Manager
Named as one of the fastest growing businesses in Nashville the Bakery Cos. is a family owned, privately-held company. With the top talent in the industry, the company manufactures bread products that serve household names including McDonald's, Pepperidge Farm, Five Guys, Trader Joe's, and Whole Foods. The Bakery Cos. celebrated 20 years in business in June of 2017 and seeks to continue living out its mission of Creating Opportunities, Making a Difference, and Impacting Lives.
The Quality Manager sets the standard to meet our customer's expectations. The Quality Manager leads the facility through education on food safety, process consistency, and product specifications in order to deliver the highest standard product.
In short'the quality manager sets the course in order to meet and exceed our customer's expectations and those of the international community by way of GFSI standards.
- 5 years experience within a Bakery Environment [3+ years in supervision role]
- Most Important: Action-Oriented, Integrity and Trust, Drive for Results
- Secondary Tendencies: Customer Focus, Timely Decision Making, Process Management, Motivating Others, Priority Setting, Problem Solving, Standing Alone, Time Management, Dealing with Ambiguity, Conflict Management, Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Lead by example
- Promote safe behaviors by proactively seeking to reduce risk within the plant as well with the facility's QA team [Provide insights to simplify process and develop poka-yokes through Gemba walks and presence on the floor] Safety team, SDS Audit, Allergen and cross contamination awareness/protection
- Implementation, maintenance and improvement of FSMA, GFSI (BRC/SQF), FDA, USDA, GMP certified programs
- Successfully led past audits knowledge of regulations (FDA)
- Customer Relations (quality specifications & complaint management)
- Product attribute
- Sensory experience
- Customer specifications
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Non-conformance & corrective action follow-up
- SPC statistical process control (CP/CPK)
- Continuous improvement (Kaizen, Gemba, Poka-Yoke)
- Talent management/development
- Driving & implementing systems through others
- Training and coaching technical and leadership competencies
- Problem Solving on an interdiciplinary team
- New Product Development (NPD)
- Nutritional Experience
- Troubleshooting and ingredient functionality knowledge
Proficient to Advance at MS Office Suite (Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Word)
- HACCP or HARPC Coordinator Certification
- FSMA PCQI Certification
- Food Defense Coordinator Certification
- Bachelor's Degree
The Bakery Cos. Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary & annual bonus program eligibility
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance available after 30 days of employment
- 401k Match 5% dollar for dollar, immediately vested
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.