JOB FILLED - Food Safety Manager
Shipper, packer, processor of fresh fruits and vegetables out of south Florida, seeks a manager to carry on food safety day to day activities.
The qualified individual will oversee the development, support and leadership of the Food Safety/Quality Assurance Program. The main function of this position is to assure the quality of incoming materials, product, processing, Growing and finished goods meet or exceed Quality Assurance and Food Safety standards. This position requires knowledge of and compliance with USDA and FSMA regulations on inspecting, holding and shipping of produce as well as knowledge of PrimusGFS v3.1 Food Safety Auditing Certification of Packinghouse Facility Operations.
- Must be detail-oriented, professional-minded, and maintain a professional image at all times. The ability to develop, implement, communicate and execute Quality Assurance, Food Safety, GMP, and FSMA compliant programs to all employees in packinghouse, farms, and distributions is essential.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and adhere to corporate policies and practices while representing the Company in an ethical and professional manner in all interactions with employees, customers, suppliers, visitors and government agencies.
- Maintain well-organized recordkeeping activities.
- Oversee and maintain all production ,farming operation and facility pre-requisite HACCP programs.
- Routine monitoring program effectiveness and objectives to meet company, industry and customer expectations.
- Oversee and ensure adherence to policies and programs that meet corporate goals and provide education on quality, product-security and food safety.
- Facilitate a favorable resolution on all QA and food safety issues, product complaints and product deviations involving consumer safety.
- Develop, implement and execute facility Standard Operating Procedures according to GAP, GMP, HACCP and FSMA requirements and oversee internal and third party audits.
- Perform safety inspections to identify employee or food safety hazards around the facility and grounds.
- Bilingual English-Spanish at a proficient level is strongly preferred.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables or situations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 3 years relevant work experience with certifications in HACCP, FSPCA, GMP, GAP and PCQI are strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate the desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, product quality and reliability.
- Detail oriented and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to learn and absorb new duties with minimal repetition or re-training.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of FAMOUS Software highly desired.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.