Quality Systems Manager
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Responsible for food safety and quality.
- Mentor and develop plant personnel to ensure they have the proper skills and knowledge to effectively perform the required duties and deliver the required results.
- Support plant personnel to ensure: compliance with federal & state regulations, third party audit requirements (including but not limited to SQF & NSF) customer requirements, and internal quality programs. Prompt and complete follow up on corrective actions noted in audits.
- Support plant with Preventive/Process Controls and HACCP plan management and review.
- Support plant onsite customer, regulatory and 3rd party audits; including prompt follow up and corrective action where necessary.
- Support Kosher, Halal, GFSI, and other product claim certification and maintenance for existing products and new product introductions when applicable.
- Support raw material and finished product specifications to ensure they are accurate and properly maintained; including the development of specifications for new raw materials and new finished products.
- Provide food safety & quality training provided to plant operation as needed.
- Support supplier approval program to ensure it is effective and risks are being identified/mitigated; ingredient and supplier approval documentation is up to date and on file.
- Support customer complaint system; assist plants with investigation, root cause analysis, corrective action, and timely written response back to customer.
- Stay current with changes to GSFI, customer and regulatory agency requirements (Customer, GFSI, FDA, Local and State Regulations).
- Provide technical support to customers when needed.
- Perform plant quality assurance and internal and external audits.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
The following are required competencies of the position that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Windows, MS Office Suite including; Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, internet/intranet and other organizational specific software.
- Experience using office equipment including printer, 10-key calculator, fax/copy machine, multiline/voicemail telephone system and others as needed.
- Professional communications skills for both internal and external customers, co-workers and team members.
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt effectively within a continually changing and demanding environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the products manufactured and the processes involved.
- Basic understanding of equipment operations and minor troubleshooting ability.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability and willingness to communicate effectively in order to maintain high levels of confidentiality, safety, quality and efficiency.
- Ability to read and comprehend standard operating procedures and company guidelines in order to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Ability to understand daily production needs.
- Participation in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize.
- Detail oriented, be quality minded.
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast paced environment.
- Valid drivers' license.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors’ degree in dairy science, food science, or a biological science or related field.
- Five years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Experience with GFSI, FSMA, HACCP and GMP’s as they relate to food safety programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout organization, vendors and regulatory agencies.
- Technical knowledge of fluid milk, cheese and drying operations is preferred.
- Prior experience in manufacturing is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands – Work is performed in a general office environment with limited noise exposure. The majority of the time is spent seated at a work station with access to telephone, computer, printer, files, and reference binders. Requires occasional standing and walking to go to scanner, copier, file room, warehouse, shredder, and to meet with employees. Requires frequent verbal communication either in person or by telephone to interact with employees, vendors, suppliers, and consultants. Requires ability to occasionally lift up to ten pounds when handling files and binders. Duties entail some visual strain resulting from close detail work.
- Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.