JOB FILLED - Quality Assurance Systems Coordinator
Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Systems Manager, the Quality Assurance Systems Coordinator will document and oversee analytical data pertaining to co-packer and supplier compliance agreements. The Applegate food safety and quality program and written product specification are continuously validated for Applegate requirements by the Coordinator during documentation review. The Quality Assurance Systems Coordinator is responsible for improving procedures for complaint reporting processes and vendor summary reports. Additionally the position is critical to the development and organization of the department’s database and reporting systems and solutions.
- Ensure accuracy of metrics for the vendor performance review summary processes quarterly and annually and keep team members trained on new implementation that is put in place. Oversee the vendor report card activities and continue to develop the VRC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) vendor performance tools.
- Responsible for the Quality Assurance complaint and metric meeting. The slide deck reports that lead the team collaboration on product and vendor performance must be kept up to date. Coordinate with the QA team for data assessment, discuss comparable data and goal performance numbers that include trending issues,
- Develop data warehouse resources for the QA team to maximize utilization of reporting metrics for the department as needed. Ensure metrics can be used to satisfy needs of the vendor performance reviews, complaint tracking, crisis management, and weekly dashboard.
- Report to QA Management and assigned Point of Contacts (POC’s) when vendors are out of compliance during VRC preparation. Advise the QA Management team when the vendors performance scores are unsatisfactory and when vendor Corrective Action Responses (CAP) for food safety does not meet the Applegate standard.
- Responsible for the fulfillment of customer and vendor requests through TraceGains solutions. Lead improvement and efficiency initiatives for document requests and management and train team members on functionality of the system and its deliverables.
- Responsible for reporting system development/enhancement to support Applegate’s product improvement objective. System development includes; new product category development, trending data analysis, and the systems over all ability to deliver quick answers.
- Oversee raw material processor complaints. Support cross functional teams to ensure quality issues are recorded and team is trained to support business growth and FSQ manual expectations.
- Continuous development of Oracle procedures regarding Sales product quality problems. Establish cross departmental relations with customer operations team by supplying product disposition feedback and responding to customer requests.
- Oversee food incident report (FIR) program and vendor responses improvement initiative. Oversee web portal services are working properly and guide the setup of new vendor accounts and distribution of FIR guidelines.
- Responsible for the Quality Assurance complaint database. Analyze and supply feedback to QA managers and vendors on non-compliant products and food safety issues. Oversee General Food Incident categories and descriptions and ensure teams are trained on new developments.
- Continuously improve and training best practices for reporting product quality issues from Applegate internal teams.
- Asist the product evaluation team process and document the findings in the reporting database for customer complaints and solutions. Lead feedback to the evaluation team to support Critical to Quality initiatives.
- Support quality contribution to product development through product lab requests, purchasing requisition in Oracle, sensory testing on new and existing products, and product evaluation on reported issues.
- Develop automated reporting of Quality Assurance metrics/dashboard program
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Support strategic departmental and company initiatives as outlined by QA Management.
- Perform related QA duties and administrative functions as needed.
- Develop training materials and train new and existing team members on written programs and/or new systems.
- Strengthen collaboration with Hormel through open communication and embracing culture initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of Quality Assurance or Finance/Accounting background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient in excel/pivot charts; analytical skills with complex data reporting, qualitative and quantitative assessments
- Knowledge or experience with product specifications preferred
- Position requires excellent attention to detail and self-management skills
- Proven ability to adhere to deadlines
- Proven track record of organizational and follow-through skills
- Proven data entry and attention to detail skills
- Capable of maintaining professional, respectful relationship with both internal and external vendors and employees
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams
- Strong Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel and PPT); lotus notes preferred
- Office environment with less than 5% travel
- Constant computer work.
- Constant cross functional, verbal communication
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.