The HACCP Coordinator/ SQF Practitioner is responsible for administering compliance for Food Safety, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), and Safe Quality Food (SQF) Programs at the local facility. This position also serves in a backup capacity to the local Quality Assurance/ Food Safety Supervisor and may supervise three or more employees.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are fundamental duties that an individual who holds the position must perform. This is not an exhaustive list. Other duties, in addition to essential job functions, will be assigned at the discretion of the Senior Production Supervisor and management team members.
1) Manage, reassess, and ensure compliance with the HACCP plan, pre-requisite programs, and SQF programs as necessary.
2) Responsible for all HACCP, SQF, and FSMA documentation compliance and PHIS updates.
3) Participates in Internal and External Audits.
4) Be in control of the Environmental Swabbing Program.
5) Ensures compliance of all company Quality and Food Safety policies.
6) Collaborates with FDA, SQF, IDALS, vendors, and other institutions in audit completion.
7) Handle all customer complaints in a timely manner. Keep an excel spreadsheet updated and current.
8) All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1) Viable candidate must have a positive can do attitude, good organization skills, and the ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team.
2) Knowledge of HACCP,SQF, FDA, and PMO regulations
3) Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills
4) Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
5) Ability to communicate with others in an effective and concise manner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1) Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science or related discipline
2) 1-3 years of experience in Quality Assurance/Food Safety/ Research in Dairy production
3) 1-3 years of experience with SQF and working with auditor
EOE & E-verif
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.