PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for pulling samples, completing product analysis, performing load QA task and coordinating all certificates of analysis for Anchor Ingredients Co., LLC Hillsboro facilities.
- Pull in-process and lot samples
- Perform quality testing on in-process samples and lot/load samples
- Perform mycotoxin testing on samples
- Perform calibration and maintenance activities on label testing equipment
- Complete daily check samples on NIR
- Maintain clean environment for lab are and label equipment
- Keep inventory of testing supplies and notify QA Manager when we need to reorder
- Generate COA’s for all outbound orders
- Print COA’s and send with drivers
- Email COAs to the customer QA department
- Review internal lab results for compliance to specifications
- Work alongside customer service, operations and the rest of the quality team to ensure compliance with Anchor and customer requirements
- Assist in the implementation of internal quality documentation including product specifications, QA procedures, etc.
- Provide guidance to plant operators regarding standard operating procedures related to quality, sanitation and safety
- Assist with quality project management as it relates to product testing, product specifications, process improvement and audits
- Proactively identify opportunities to increase operational efficiencies
- Support and adhere to the Company’s Safety Program.
- Project work or items outside of this Job Description, as specified from time to time by the QA Manager and General Managers.
In common with all other personnel within Anchor Ingredients, the Job Holder is required to adhere to the Company’s policies on Safety, Hygiene and good housekeeping. Specifically:
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself/herself and that of other persons who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions;
- To co-operate regarding any duty or requirement;
- To report to his/her immediate manager any hazard which may be discovered on at the place of work.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product
- Demonstrated problem solving experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates within both a professional office environment as well as ingredient processing facilities. While performing the duties of this job within the processing facilities, the employee will be exposed to machinery and moving parts. The employee may be exposed to adverse weather conditions, high precarious places and confined spaces, & airborne particles including grain dust and hazardous materials or fumes, which may require the use of PPE. The noise level in some of the work environments may require the use of hearing protection. While performing the duties of this job inside the office, the employee is frequently exposed to normal working conditions for an office environment with a noise level that is usually quiet to moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee may be required to stand for long periods of time as well as use hands or fingers to reach or handle, and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. All vision abilities are required to encompass close-up work. On occasion, employee must be able to tolerate and endure extended seasonal hours and maintain alertness to meet deadlines.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Anchor Ingredients, LLC headquartered in Fargo, ND, sources and supplies a wide range of specialty ingredients catered specifically to the human and pet food markets. With the ability to source ingredients worldwide, AI is uniquely positioned to meet all the ingredient needs of their customers. At Anchor Ingredients, we have assembled a world-class team of professionals with years of industry experience and a commitment to our core foundation of honesty, integrity and reliability.
This job description is not a complete description of responsibility, but reflects the general qualifications, duties and/or responsibilities necessary to perform this position. Anchor Ingredients reserves the right to revise the job description as circumstances warrant. All candidates who receive a written offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a background check, as well as testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with the company’s Drug Free Workplace Policy. Anchor Ingredients is an at-will employer, which means that either the employee or the company may terminate the relationship at any time, with or without notice, and with or without cause. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.