Quality Assurance Technician, Evansville
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform various quality related checks and a test to ensure filling equipment is operating within specification. This testing is done at start up and throughout the production run.
- Ensure nonconforming product is visually identified, logged and communicated with relevant team members
- Collect samples from various locations for laboratory analysis, retention, and incubation.
- Enter in-process data into SPC
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following organization, industry, and regulatory standards and maintaining a clean and 5S work area.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous manufacturing/quality experience required, preferably in food manufacturing
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast changing environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Must be able to work at the required pace while ensuring 100% accuracy
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to interact professionally with team
- Ability to follow all work instructions and safety procedures
- Strong organizational and time management skills
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively with a high level of dexterity; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 50 pounds. Must have the ability to grasp with one or both hands and extend arms up to 3 feet at, below, or above shoulder height repeatedly throughout the shift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must also have the ability to distinguish color codes on packaging materials. Operating in standard seasonal warehouse and food processing plant temperature conditions will be required. Retort area is very warm and humid due to the nature of the process. Work is completed in a facility where nuts, fruits and other allergens are present.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Emloyer: AmeriQual is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.