American Packaging Corporation (APC) is one of the top flexible packaging converters serving customers throughout North America. We are always seeking to improve our operations, deliver more innovation and value, and give back to our local communities. Our longstanding success as customer flexible packaging suppliers has been fueled by our commitment to providing more innovation, more quality, and more responsive customer service, along with our strategic investments in the latest technology.
LOCATION: Columbus, WI
SUMMARY: It is the function of the Quality Manager role to ensure the food safety and quality systems are in compliance with appropriate regulations and standards. This role will assure that high quality products and services satisfy both internal/external requirements, including meeting/exceeding customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manage, train and develop the QA Department employees and direct all quality and housekeeping functions.
- Establish, implement, maintain and update the Quality and Food Safety Management system as well as the Food Safety Fundamentals and the Food Safety Plan.
- Report the performance of the quality and food safety management system to top management.
- Provide support and guidance for the QA Lab and production area to include training in food safety and quality. (GMP, HACCP, allergens and other topics)
- Manage the QA lab equipment by assigning and managing its maintenance along with procuring new instruments as needed or when the business warrants.
- Serve as ISO Management Rep and SQF Practitioner.
- Manage external customer relationships, complaints, regulatory, visits and audits. (ISO:9001, SQF, FDA)
- Manage nonconformities and the CAPA system.
- Reviewing in-process quality failures and determining the disposition of non-conforming material.
- Assign tasks and manage the complaint system, and assure that customer claims are processed effectively and timely.
- Prepare capability analysis of physical properties and report data to Technical.
- Participate in product and process validation projects, including IQ/OQ of new processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering, Quality or Management from four-year college or university or equivalent education/training. 5 Years related experience in quality control in a manufacturing environment. 5 years demonstrated management or supervision experience in the quality area. ISO 9001 and SQF experience. Working knowledge of quality management tools (SPC, PFMEA, RCA)
FOOD SAFETY TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Food Safety Training, consisting of the GMP/PPE/Food Safety Policy, HACCP Plan and SQF System is provided to all personnel at the time of hiring. Refresher training is completed annually, based on the anniversary month of the employee’s date of hire. Completion of this training is a condition of employment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
HACCP certified, SQF (Post Farm Gate) System implementation certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
American Packaging Corporation is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. American Packaging Corporation will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position please contact our Human Resources department at ACareers@ampkcorp.com.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.