Quality Assurance Tech
Cimpl Meats, LLC, an American Foods Group Company has opportunities for Quality Assurance Tech. You must have the ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with a dedication to quality.
If you are looking to advance your career, join the AFG family where you can be a part of providing quality beef products to over 40 countries around the world. Training is provided.
As Quality Assurance Tech, you will:
- Uses interpersonal and communication skills to build relationships and influence others to achieve objectives. Interacts with all levels of management, staff and hourly employees to review issues specific to quality assurance.
- Coordinates and administers record keeping and compliance for various legislated and Company programs which include and are not limited to: Food safety, HACCP other governmental regulations, assist in optimizing department and company efficiency.
- Seeks guidance and advice from the Quality Assurance Manager to resolve food and safety issues. Interacts with the Quality Assurance Manager on those issues that cannot be resolved within the position’s scope.
- Interacts with appropriate management staff either directly or through the QA Manager to facilitate process changes and process improvements; to develop and implement necessary action plans to accomplish QA objectives.
- Identifies violations of GMPs, HACCP regulations, safety regulations, and related contract or company policy violations. Corrects violations personally through the quality manager, maintenance manager and production manager.
- Understands and follows established company policies and procedures. Enforces Cimpl Meats policies and procedures as established and required.
- Attends and participates in organizational and department training programs and initiatives.
- Participates in various plant teams and meetings as needed.
- May conduct plant tours for visitors and new hires.
- Train QA New Hires
- NOTE: this description is not intended to be all inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be able to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Must be able to work in a variety of work temperatures cold, wet or damp with slippery surfaces at varied heights in and around moving equipment and parts.
- Diploma/GED required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.
- Must be able to maintain the integrity of confidential information.
- Prior meat packing experience in a USDA inspected beef, pork or poultry facility.
- Prior production experience.
- Higher level of education in Business Administration, Biology, or a related filed.
- Work history in the last 12 months.
Cimpl’s, LLC an American Foods Group Company is a privately held meat processing company located in Yankton, South Dakota. We appreciate our employees and reward them for a job well done. As a member of the team, you will find yourself challenged and contributing in a significant way to the success of the business, and you will be rewarded for that success. If you want to feel appreciated for a job well done and be part of something bigger, then consider joining American Foods Group, a “hire to retire” type of company.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefit plan. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Voluntary Benefits, PTO, 401k, Short Term Disability, Discount Meat Purchase Program, and more!
- Training, growth and advancement opportunities that will make this the best and last company you work for.
Check Out the Yankton, SD Area!
Improve your quality of life by residing in Yankton, South Dakota, a rural city located on the banks of the Missouri River. An abundance of recreational areas and amenities make it easy to stay active in Yankton.
The area also offers:
- Numerous water recreation options around Yankton including Lewis & Clark Lake, Lake Yankton, and the Missouri National Recreation River. Beautiful chalkstone bluffs along the shorelines provide the opportunity to view wildlife with scenic backdrops.
- Various parks that offer relaxing entertainment including fishing, hiking trails, and swimming.
- Year-round community events that the whole family will love.
Try to convince us that there is a better place to live and work other than Cimpl’s LLC in Yankton, South Dakota!
American Foods Group, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Learn more: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact Human Resources at the location(s) where you are applying. American Foods Group, LLC will not discriminate against applicants who inquire about, disclose or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. Learn more: Pay Transparency. American Foods Group, LLC participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more: E-Verify
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.