Food Safety Coordinator
American Foods Group, LLC has opportunities for a Food Safety Coordinator to join our growing and dynamic Food Safety and Quality Assurance Department. You must demonstrate assertiveness and can work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with a dedication to food safety and quality.
Your responsibilities as our Food Safety Coordinator will include:
- Aid in the development and implementation of the food safety and animal welfare system at the facility, while providing maintenance and continuous improvement.
- Maintain customer and product complaints logs and participate in foreign material investigations.
- Coordinate meetings as needed with the Food Safety Teams to discuss and report issues, concerns, and improvements to maintain the integrity of the food safety system.
- Overseeing the employee training processes to ensure the successful completion and implementation of all required trainings.
- Staying current on all SQF and regulatory updates and changes and communicating these changes to the Food Safety Teams.
- Maintain records and data from product quality micro data, finished product testing results, shelf life data, water quality, and intervention validation data.
- Communicating and working with plant management and production workers to develop and maintain systems that promote quality.
NOTE: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Science, Biology, Microbiology, Food Science, Animal Science or related field.
- Minimum 2 years quality and/or food safety related experience within the meat/animal industry.
- Willingness to relocate to any of the facilities throughout American Foods Group after the initial training period.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent understanding of HACCP, GMP, SSOP and USDA regulations.
- Be able to effectively communicate with USDA personnel and other third-party auditors.
- Comprehensive knowledge in plant sanitation practices, microbiology, aseptic sampling techniques and plans, and laboratory practices.
- Ability to perform consistent, accurate work with minimal direction and work successfully as part of a team.
- Have the following trainings: Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft office, Outlook, etc.
- Must be able to work in a variety of work environments and perform the physical requirements of the job.
- Ability to work extended scheduled hours Monday through Saturday with frequent overtime.
- Must be able to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science, or related fields.
- Prior harvest and production experience in a USDA inspected beef, pork or poultry facilities.
- HACCP Certification
- Fluent in Spanish (speaking, reading and writing)
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.