Director Food Safety/Quality Assurance
American Foods Group, LLC has an opportunity for a Director of Food Safety/Quality Assurance to join our team in Green Bay, WI.
Our Director of Food Safety/Quality Assurance is responsible for providing strategic direction and management of QA/Food Safety, regulatory compliances and animal welfare for the beef slaughter facilities at American Foods Group. This individual works closely with local and regional USDA/FSIS, AMS authorities, customer’s representatives, third party auditors, plant management and executive corporate management to ensure program and regulatory compliance.
Essential Functions and Responsabilities:
- Maintain a strong Quality Management system through the beef slaughter plans.
- Train Quality Assurance Managers, in updating, maintaining, and implementation of pertinent regulatory documents and records, product specifications, quality assurance records, and quality assurance personnel records/ files.
- Up-date, modify, revise AMS School Lunch and Export programs, in addition to Animal Welfare and Food Safety policies and procedures.
- Enforce and monitor HACCP, SSOP, GMP, SRM and Animal Welfare programs for product manufactured at American Foods Group slaughter plants.
- Establish and monitor the acceptance criteria for our product and controls the disposition of nonconforming product.
- Assure all products produced in the plants meet or exceed customer requirements for food safety and quality.
- Confers with management, customers, and other representatives in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, and enforcing the quality assurance program in conformance with customer requirements and production schedules
- Provide leadership for the Quality Assurance Managers at the beef slaughter plants.
- Collaborate with Government agencies and third- and second-party auditors.
- Participate in plant management and operational meetings and industry meetings and organizations.
NOTE: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Microbiology, Animal Science or other biological sciences (other areas of study may be considered).
- 5 years’ experience in the beef or pork industry at supervisory level with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in beef slaughter.
- Advanced knowledge of the regulatory requirements for meat and poultry products.
- HACCP and GFSI certified and demonstrate excellent understanding of HACCP, GMPs, and SSOPs.
- Solid experience with effectively managing inspections and auditing activities.
- Broad knowledge of microbiology, aseptic sampling technique, sampling plans, and laboratory practices.
- Strong knowledge of labeling laws, specified risk materials, and animal welfare regulations for beef products.
- The ability and desire to mentor and coach a team of professionals dedicated to the success of the business
- An ability to shape everlasting relationships with employees, senior leadership, and customers
- Must have detailed and practical knowledge in plant sanitation practices
- Broad knowledge of statistical software, AS400 inventory system, and MS Office Applications
- Ability to travel 40-50%. Travel as required for site audits and surveillances, trainings and industry meetings.
- Master’s degree or higher in Science in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science or other biological sciences
- 10 years experiences in the beef industry at a supervisory level with 5+ years’ experience in beef slaughter operations.
American Foods Group, LLC is a privately held beef processing company headquartered in Green Bay, WI. As the 5th largest beef processing company in the U.S. we employ over 4,500 employees, ship over 5 million pounds of beef every day and export to countries around the globe. We appreciate our employees and reward them for a job well done. American Foods Group, a "hire to retire" type of company.
What we offer:
- Competitive total compensation package for you and your family.
- Excellent benefit plan. Benefits include: Health and Wellness Clinic, Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Voluntary Benefits, PTO, 401k, Long & Short Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Discount Meat Purchase Program, and more!
Check Out the Green Bay, WI Area!
Improve your quality of life by residing in Green Bay, Wisconsin, a stunning Wisconsin city on the bay of Lake Michigan. Green Bay is known around the world for contributions to industry and agriculture, the smallest city to host a National Football League team known as the Green Bay Packers, and the area boasts a progressive atmosphere from industrial parks to shopping districts.
The area also offers:
- Arts and culture including exceptional performing arts facilities, museums and visual art galleries
- Family fun such as the NEW Zoo, Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary, and the Bay Beach Amusement Park
- Tours of the finest wineries & breweries, the Packers Hall of Fame, and more
Try to convince us that there is a better place to live and work other than American Foods Group, LLC in Green Bay, Wisconsin!
Notice to Search Firms: We are not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. We will not pay any placement, referral or other fees to any search firms unless we have agreed otherwise in a valid, written agreement for the specific position posted and signed by an authorized representative of American Foods Group.
American Foods Group, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Learn more: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact Human Resources at the location(s) where you are applying. American Foods Group, LLC will not discriminate against applicants who inquire about, disclose or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. Learn more: Pay Transparency. American Foods Group, LLC participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more: E-Verify
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.