Food Safety & Quality Manager
This position will ensure that processes and systems are in place that meets the needs of the customer and the business.
- Proficiency in quality system management and continuous improvement
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Ability to promote team dynamics within the department and the plant
- Ability to deal with complex situations
- Attention to detail, thoroughness and follow through are essential
- Knowledge of statistics and data trending
- Achieves quality assurance operational, customer and regulatory objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets quality assurance financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develops quality assurance plans by conducting risk analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures; monitoring inventories.
- Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- SQF Practitioner Certification (or GFSI equivalent)
- PCQI Certification
- HACCP Certification
- Two to four years of previous quality assurance experience in a manufacturing environment required, preferably in the baking and/or food manufacturing industry..
- Proficiency in quality system management and continuous improvement.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to deal with complex situations.
- Attention to detail thoroughness and follow through abilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 06/18/2019. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Sarah Vidales at Sarah.Vidales@flocorp.com or 480 483-2774.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.