NA Feed Quality & Food Safety Manager
Founded in 1980 by Irish entrepreneur and scientist Dr. Pearse Lyons, Alltech discovers and delivers solutions for the sustainable nutrition of plants, animals and people. With expertise in yeast fermentation, solid state fermentation and the science of nutrigenomics, Alltech is a leading producer and processor of yeast additives, organic trace minerals, feed ingredients, premix and feed.
Our guiding ACE principle seeks to develop solutions that are safe for the Animal, Consumer and the Environment. Our more than 6,000 talented team members worldwide put this purpose to work every day for our customers.
Alltech is a family-owned company, which allows us to adapt quickly to emerging customer needs and to stay focused on advanced innovation. Headquartered just outside of Lexington, Kentucky, USA, Alltech has a strong presence in all regions of the world. For further information, visit www.alltech.com/news. Join us in conversation on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
We have an excellent opportunity for a North American Feed Quality and Food Safety Manager. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direction, guidance, and oversight to management and employees in the area of Quality and Food Safety, ensuring compliance in all regulated areas and internal standards.
- Establish and maintain internal procedures and implement the same to ensure Alltech Feed Division is compliant in all assigned areas (FSMA, FDA, EPA, and other regulatory bodies) relating to food safety and quality. Monitor these procedures and update as required to stay current in all assigned areas.
- Coordinate and manage the implementation of plant specific AQS-FD procedures.
- Maintain appropriate and effective communication with management and staff regarding issues in the areas of quality and food safety. Follow up as needed to ensure items communicated have been understood and implemented as required.
- Manage the internal audit process, ensuring that audit schedules are adhered to, audit reports are completed and communicated and that required corrective action is taken.
- Analyse and utilize the data from the customer complaint and nonconformance data base to develop continuous improvement plans, measure corrective actions to ensure effectiveness.
- Review processes and procedures along with Engineering and Operations group to identify areas of potential improvement and increased efficiency.
- Develop, implement and maintain required training programs and materials to support the quality and food safety requirements of the Alltech Feed Division AQS-FD. Travel is required.
- In conjunction with the Directors of Purchasing and Nutrition, establish the ingredient and product quality standards for Alltech Feed Division.
- 15 years of experience in related industry
- College degree
- Frequent travel required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Solid computer skills
- Monetary Level P & L
- Create and enforce policy and procedures
- Excellent verbal, written and oral communications. Public speaking required.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.