Quality Assurance Technician II
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
The Quality Assurance Technician II collaborates with the Quality Assurance Supervisor and Manager to maintain consistency in protocols and procedures. This position helps maintain Agropur's commitment to food safety & quality by monitoring and verifying production parameters in accordance with Quality programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide quality support in all aspects of the plant’s quality functions in compliance with plant and corporate level standard operating procedures (SOPs), good manufacturing practices (GMPs), and company safety policies.
- Uphold the organization's food safety, quality and employee safety requirements.
- Conduct routine quality inspections related to food production: finished product quality, regulatory, compliance, pest control, routine sanitation, employee GMPs, training compliance and HACCP compliance.
- Provide Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Quality Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) training to relevant departments.
- Conduct investigations of all out of specification results, complaint investigations, and customer complaints.
- Ensure required Quality Assurance documentation is accurate and kept up-to-date.
- Update SOPs, specifications and documents as needed, implementing updates within the facility.
- Documentation review and inspection of all raw materials and finished product.
- Review documentation as it relates to food safety requirements and facility policies.
- Effectively use Good Manufacturing Practices to prevent problems.
- Conduct work in a safe manner, abiding by all organization safety policies and procedures.
- Collect routine water sampling, equipment sampling, environmental sampling, conduct calibrations, and in-process monitoring.
Applies to LSC & LSFI only
- Execute Quality Assurance Hold/Release functions on incoming raw ingredients and finished products including documentation, rework tags, and hold tags.
- Review and sign Certificates of Analysis (COA’s).
- Ensure electronic inventory system for warehousing is maintained with quality and customer updates.
- Execute Quality Assurance Hold/Release functions on incoming raw ingredients and finished products.
Applies to Jerome & LSFI only
- Act as vacation relief and perform duties as necessary for other Quality positions as directed by management.
- Process sample requests including the collection of the product from the laboratory; gathering and organizing of the required documentation as well as product packaging and shipping.
- Understand and comply with all Quality Assurance policies, immediately reporting any potential food safety issues to management.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact with Production, Maintenance, and Warehouse employees to obtain and provide information and will occasionally work with Inventory and Production Planning.
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Minimum two (2) years of production/food manufacturing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of quality assurance procedures and sampling requirements required.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMPs and FDA required.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with executives, managers, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to apply logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Quality and regulatory decisions administered soundly and consistently with policies and in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Basic math plus fractions, decimals and percentages, as well as algebraic calculations.
- Exchange basic informational data (fill out forms/checklists, make own appointments, etc.); interview to gather information; advise others on alternatives/options; coach and counsel others; read, understand and explain technical data; compose business correspondence and reports, both routine and complex; attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook and field-specific software.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, establish priorities, ability to multitask, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.