Quality Assurance Technician
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
Who we are:
We are an employee-focused organization that promotes from within and are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented employees to join our growing team. Founded in 1938, Agropur is a top 20 global dairy processor. In addition to being one of the largest award-winning cheese manufacturers, Agropur is a leader in high quality and diverse nutritional whey proteins. Agropur’s 10 US-based, SQF Certified plants are behind some of the most prominent food, beverage, and nutrition brands in the industry. Vertically integrated by design, Agropur provides future-forward solutions in the areas of cheese, ingredients, beverages, and custom contract manufacturing services. “Better Dairy. Better World.” www.agropur.com
What this role is all about:
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Technician position in Lake Norden, S.D. location.
Quality Assurance Technician supports the organizations commitment to food safety and quality by monitoring and verifying production parameters in accordance with quality programs. The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for ensuring organization standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) are followed to preserve integrity of the products while providing feedback for continuous improvements for the Quality System.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates Degree in Science, Food Science or Chemistry preferred
- Knowledge of HAACP, GMP's and Regulatory agencies required
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- No experience required; in-house training provided
- Knowledge of quality assurance procedures and sampling requirements preferred
What we offer you:
Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus’ and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement
Our Lake Norden, SD, plant is home to approximately 360 employees and boasts a brand new, state of the art cheese and whey facility. We produce mozzarella, provolone, parmesan, romano, asiago, and Monterey Jack cheeses as well as various whey streams.
The Lake Norden, SD, area is known for its beautiful lakes and outdoor activities. There are both small and large towns within the area with great schools and healthcare. You can also visit the Watertown Chamber site www.watertownsd.com for more information on local events.
Watch this fun video to learn more about us:
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.