Quality Assurance Supervisor
This position is responsible for daily implementation and enforcement of the quality assurance program and laboratory functions at Abbyland Foods, Inc. The position assures compliance with HACCP, company, customer and governmental regulations, specifications and directives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The essential duties for this job include the following, but other duties may be assigned.
- Enforce company policies and guidelines
- Coordinate pre-op efforts with QC techs and contracted cleaning service personnel
- Review pre-op reports and pre-operational APC swab data
- Responsible for completion of HACCP and SSOP paperwork generated from the production lines and complete pre-shipment reviews as required by HACCP regulations.
- Responsible for completion and signing of pre-shipment review sheets and pick lists.
- Prepare and coordinate daily micro sampling sent to third party lab for analysis
- Coordinate daily food testing and environmental monitoring (Listeria) program
- Assist in the oversight of USDA regulatory compliance activities including non-compliance report responses and general USDA relations
- Assist the quality assurance manager as a company representative and authority with regulatory agencies, customer quality functions and food safety concerns from customers, regulatory agencies and the public
- Enforce food safety programs including GMP, SSOP and SOP documentation
- Assist with audits done by customers and third party firms.
- Assist with answering and follow up of all deficiencies observed in audits.
- Responsible for presumptive beef tracking.
- Be an active member of the management team providing logistical support on all quality issues
- Directly guide the activities of quality assurance technicians
- Place orders as needed through vendors for everyday supplies needed by lab, sanitation and production
- Develop, implement and maintain a humane animal handling program (south end)
- Support the Safety Program. Provide leadership direction to subordinates in the development and practice of Safe Work Practices that are synergetic with Quality and Production requirements. Perform all tasks according to the company safety policies.
- This position requires at least 20% of time be spent on production floor; 2 walkthroughs of production floor during each shift expected.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.; B.S.) in a related discipline from a four-year college or university preferred. Experience can substitute for education.Related experience in the food industry.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations
HACCP, CPR and First Aid certifications are required.OSHA 10 or 30 hour Occupational Safety and Health Training Course is highly recommended.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to standing, sitting, using hands and fingers, handling or feeling items, reaching with hands and arms, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, talking, hearing, tasting and smelling.While performing the duties of the job, the employee will frequently lift 10-50 pounds.While performing the duties of this job, the employee has specific vision requirements. This position requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high and precarious places, fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat.While performing the duties of this job, the employee can expect noise levels in the environment will generally be in the moderate range.
EEO Policy Statement
Abbyland Foods, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Abbyland Foods, complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Abbyland expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Abbyland employs to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.