JOB FILLED - Quality Control Manager
This position is responsible for oversight of the quality assurance functions at Abbyland Foods. The position assures compliance with company, customer, and governmental regulations, specifications, and directives. Position reports to Technical Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The essential duties for this job include the following, but other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee company policies and guidelines
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining HACCP programs
- Manage and implement food testing and environmental monitoring (Listeria) program
- Oversee USDA regulatory compliance activities including non-compliance report responses and general USDA relations
- Represent company with regard to quality and food safety with regulatory agencies, customers, and the public.
- Assist in preparing and performing audits done by customers and third party certification bodies. Answer and follow-up on deficiencies observed in audits.
- Develop and implement food safety programs including GMP, SSOP, and SOP documentation
- Be an active member of the management team providing logistical support on all quality issues
- Manage, schedule, and evaluate staffing of the quality assurance department
- Directly guide the activities of quality assurance supervisors and technicians
- Place orders as needed through vendors for everyday supplies needed by lab, sanitation, and production
- Perform all tasks according to company safety policies
- Coordinate pest control activities
- Develop, implement, and maintain a humane animal handling program
- All other duties as assigned by senior staff
- Responsible to support the Abbyland Safety Program. Know and Practice the Safety standards that apply to the Manager/Supervisor’s work area. Participate in Safety Training and make certain all employees supervised are safety trained, wear required PPE and receive required update training. Address Safety related job performance issues.
- Responsible to support the Abbyland Quality Program (SQF) and practice the Quality standards that apply to the Manager/Supervisor’s work area. Participate in Quality training and make certain all employees supervised understand the Quality requirements of their position and receive update training. Address Quality related job performance issues.
- Will serve as backup to SQF Practitioner for SQF program implementation and audits.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.; B.S.) in a related discipline from a four-year college or university. Seven years of experience in food production/Quality Assurance or equivalent training.
A candidate’s ability to read, analyze and interpret even the most complex documents is essential. Bilingual ability is a plus.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations
EEO Policy Statement
Abbyland Foods, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Abbyland Foods, complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Abbyland expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Abbyland employs to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.