Food Safety / Safety Administrator
6th Street Cooling is looking for a self motivated and organized individual to administer our food safety, as well as plant and employee safety programs. Based in Holtville, CA, the Food Safety/Safety Administrator will report to the General Manager of 6th Street Cooling.
- Responsible for all food safety audits and inspections;
- Administers employee and plant safety programs, ensuring required training is completed and documented;
- Develops, administers and ensures compliance with industry and government regulations, such as FSMA, GFSI, HACCP and PCQI;
- Understand the requirements and take steps to become PCQI and HACCP certified;
- Provides input and helps develop content for employee food safety, as well as employee safety training;
- Responsible for maintaining and updating food safety/safety manuals, programs and policies.
- One or more year’s proven experience in the agricultural industry and/or food safety field.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals throughout the organization. Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish preferred;
- Proficiency in using a variety of computer applications, such as Excel, Word, Outlook;
- Must be hands-on and process oriented, always looking to improve processes;
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, as well as auditing work, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines;
- Some travel required.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.